As the success of Gaeltacht Leamhcáin is dependent on students being completely immersed in the Irish language throughout the day, we will strictly enforce ‘Riail na Gaeilge’.
Riail na Gaeilge states that students must at all times make an honest effort to speak Irish based on their individual ability.
- Any student who breaks this rule will be given a verbal warning by the course principal.
- If the rule is judged to be broken for a second time, Gaeltacht Leamhcáin will contact the students parents/guardians to make them aware of the situation.
- If a student breaks the rule for a third time their parents/guardians will be contacted and they will be asked to leave the course with no refund given. The discretion of the course principal will be applied in all cases.
General Course Rules
The following course rules will apply in Gaeltacht Leamhcáin to help ensure that all students have a safe and enjoyable experience.
- Students may not leave the grounds of Gaeltacht Leamhcáin without permission or supervision.
- The use of mobile phones is strictly forbidden during the course.
- No chewing gum is allowed.
- No bullying will be tolerated on the course. If Gaeltacht Leamhcáin becomes aware of a bullying allegation all parents/guardians involved will be contacted immediately.
- No smoking.
- Disruptive behaviour will not be tolerated at Gaeltacht Leamhcáin.